The shapefile format is a digital vector storage format for storing geometric location and associated attribute information. This format consists of several files. The list of files supported by MapSurfer.NET is:
- .shp — shape format; stores the feature geometry itself
- .shx — shape index format; a positional index of the feature geometry to allow seeking forwards and backwards quickly
- .dbf — attribute format; columnar attributes for each shape, in dBase IV format
- .prj — projection format; the coordinate system and projection information, a plain text file describing the projection using well-known text format
- .sbn and .sbx — a spatial index of the features
- .cpg — used to specify the code page (only for .dbf) for identifying the character encoding to be used
- .mdix — a quadtree spatial index, analouge of .qix format used by MapServer, Mapnik and GDAL/OGR.
For further details, see the technical specification provided by ESRI.
In MapSurfer.NET, Shape data source provider operates with the following configuration parameters:
|Parameter Name||Value Type||Description||Required|
|File||String||Determines a path to the the file. The path can also be relative to the directory where map project is stored.||Yes|
|FileBasedIndex||Boolean||Determines whether the quadtree spatial index is created or not. This index improves the performance of reading data from disk. It requires write permissions to a corresponding folder. Possible values are True or False.||No|
|MemoryMappedFile||Boolean||Creates a memory-mapped file that enables to work with extremely large files. Possible values are True or False.||No|
|Encoding||String||Specifies the character encoding to read data from .dbf file.||No|
|BufferSize||Integer||A positive integer value greater than 0 indicating the buffer size in bytes. The default buffer size is 512.||No|