Release Notes for MapSurfer.NET v2.4.0
27 December, 2015
- Added: Expression language has been enriched by the null-coalescing operator (??).
- Added: Plate Carree projection (see EPSG: 32662).
- Added: Sharpen image filter.
- Added: WMS service got two custom request parameters. They are LABELING_SOLVER and LABELING_LANGUAGE.
- Added: WMS configuration has been extended by introducing an ExpressionResolver parameter, which defines a name of that class that is responsible for dynamic resolving of text expressions both in TextSymbolizer and GraphicTextSymbolizer.
- Added: WMTS supports generation of high resolution (retina) tiles.
- Added: GetMetadata method has been added to ITileCache interface. This allows extracting additional information such as data extent, layers, etc.
- Fixed: PointPlacement annotates the smallest part of a polygon instead of the largest one.
- Fixed: TileCacheGenerator throws an exception when Cairo renderer is used.
- Fixed: Projection parser throws an exception if PARAMETER element in WKT follows UNIT element.
- Fixed: Incomplete labeling of a map view when Buffer parameter is greater than 0.
- Fixed: Incorrect positioning of a label when graphic symbol is GlyphsGraphicSymbol.
- Fixed: Offset geometry transformation function is not applied when one of the arguments equals 0.
- Fixed: Layer extent is computed incorrectly.
- Fixed: An issue of mixed-up coordinates when a WKB has Z value.
- Fixed: An internal exception is thrown when WGSBounds property is not empty and map projection is EPGS:4326.
- Improved: Coordinate reference system is detected automatically from layers as it is not provided explicitly.
- Improved: Dynamic link libraries (e.g., MapSurfer.Native.xXX.dll) have been rebuilt using Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015.
- Improved: Improved performance of data source provider instantination.
- Improved: Shape, GeoJson and OSM data source providers can download data via http and extract them from compressed files such as zip, bz2 or tar.gz.
- Upgraded: protobuf-net library has been upgraded to version 188.8.131.528.
- Upgraded: Newtonsoft.Json library has been upgraded to version 184.108.40.206.
- Upgraded: MySql.Data library has been upgraded to version 220.127.116.11.
- Upgraded: GDAL library dependency has been upgraded to version 1.11.3.
- New: Module for reading CartoCSS stylesheets.
- Fixed: Shape data source provider crashes when a shape record does not have MBR field, i.e. shape type is point.
- Fixed: Shape data source provider is not able to properly detect dbf encoding.
- Fixed: Multiple errors in GDI renderer when ScaleFactor is greater than 1.
- Fixed: Incorrect line drawing when DashArray element of Stroke has an odd number of elements.
- Fixed: OGR data source provider is not able to detect geometry field in a CSV file.
- Fixed: MbTiles storage exclusively locks database even when ReadOnly mode is specified.
- Fixed: Vector tiles data source provider does not support direct reading from MbTiles storage.
- Fixed: Incorrect decoding of complex geometries in vector tiles.
- Improved: Better performance in decoding of vector tiles.
- Improved: MbTiles storage supports relative paths.
- Added: A check if the required rights are granted to the destination folder when a tile cache is configured.
- Added: New option which allows generating high resolution (retina) tiles.
- Improved: Representation of news in RSS listbox in WelcomeScreen window.
- Improved: Store the file extension of a previously opened project file.
- Fixed: Unhandled exception when a project has EPSG:4326 coordinate system.
- Improved: From this point, the installer requires to download and install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 instead of previous version Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2013.
- Improved: More detailed message when a tile generation process was interrupted by an exception.
- Changed: osr_csharp.dll has been moved from \Core\Plugins\Providers\OGR to \Core folder.