Contents tagged with CartoCSS
July 24, 2016
Today, we are excited to announce the release of MapSurfer.NET v.2.5 (beta). This release includes the results of a hard work which have been done over the last seven months.
This release is a milestone in the project's history. It introduces a bunch of new features that allow to design maps using a powerful stylesheet-like language [CartoCSS](https://github.com/mapbox/carto). One of the key goals of this release is to provide a powerful cartographic tool for interchanging and converting map styles from/to different mapping applications, for example [GeoServer](http://geoserver.org/), [Mapnik](http://mapnik.org/) or [MapServer](http://mapserver.org/), etc.
With support of CartoCSS, MapSurfer.NET Studio can now be considered as an alternative to popular tools such as [TileMill]( …
December 28, 2015
We are pleased to announce a new release of MapSurfer.NET
This release includes about 20 fixes and some new features.
Below we give a summary of the most significant changes and improvements:
- New [module](https://github.com/MapSurferNET/MapSurfer.NET-CartoCSS) (available on Github) for reading CartoCSS stylesheets.
- Several external libraries (e.g., protobuf-net, Newtonsoft.Json, MySql.Data, GDAL, etc.) have been upgraded to the latest versions.
- Added support for Plate Carree projection (see [EPSG: 32662](http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/32662/)).
- Expression language has been enriched by the null-coalescing operator (??).
- Shape, GeoJson and OSM data source providers support files available through http.
- Added sharpen image filter.
- Fixed decoding of complex …